Barbecued Pork Chops
Sherry, honey, barbecue and steak sauces combine to give these chops from LaJuana Holland in Amarillo, Texas, a beautiful glaze and dressed-up flavor. The sauce works well on chicken breasts, too, and couldn't be much easier to put together.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup A.1. steak sauce
- 1/2 cup sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, steak sauce, sherry or
- apple juice and honey. Transfer 1/3 cup sauce to another bowl; set
- aside for serving.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Moisten a paper towel with
- cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from
- the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads
- 145°, basting frequently with remaining sauce. Let meat stand
- for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 403 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 937 mg sodium,