If you're like me, you can never have enough delicious ways to grill chicken. The savory sauce in this recipe gives the chicken a wonderful herb flavor. It's easy to put together a great meal when you start with these juicy golden pieces.
-Joanne Shew Chuk, St. Benedict, Saskatchewan
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried thyme, oregano and rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), quartered
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, butter, water and
- seasonings; bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat; cool to
- room temperature.
- Pour the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken.
- Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat
- for 15-20 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts:Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with margarine and served without the skin) equals 224 calories, 225 mg sodium, 58 mg cholesterol, 1 g carbohydrate, 21 g protein, 14 g fat. Diabetic Exchange: 3 meat.