Barbecued Chicken Breasts
A handful of ingredients are all you need for this marinade that kicks up flavor without much fat. "There's a real zip to this chicken," promises Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California. "I like to make large batches of the marinade and freeze it so it's on hand when we're in the mood to grill chicken."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 cups chili sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (9 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the chili sauce, vinegar, horseradish and
- garlic. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add
- the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Using long-handled
- tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the
- grill rack.
- Place chicken skin side down over drip pan and grill, covered, over
- indirect medium heat for 20-25 minutes on each side or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved
- marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half (calculated without skin) equals 290 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 1,031 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 42 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1 starch.