Barbecued Beef Ribs for Two
I'VE SHARED this recipe with many friends who also cook for two. We all agree - small recipes are hard to find!
This dish remains one of my favorites since it takes little effort to prepare and is so tasty. Plus, if you are serving a larger group, it is easy to double.
-Margery Bryan, Royal City, Washington
2 ServingsPrep: 70 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 pounds bone-in beef ribs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place in a large kettle and cover
- with water. Simmer, uncovered, for 50 minutes. Meanwhile, combine
- remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer, uncovered, for 10
- Drain ribs; place in a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Pour sauce
- mixture over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or
- until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 448 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 805 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.