This is a delicious staple to have on hand during the summer grilling season. Use the flavorful sauce to baste chicken or to top hamburgers and hot dogs right off the grill.
11 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Few drops hot pepper sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender. Add remaining
- ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until sauce
- reaches desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Use as a basting
- sauce when grilling hamburgers or chicken and/or use as a condiment.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1-1/3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 40 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.