Barbecue Sauce for Pork
We raise hogs and cattle, so we've tried plenty of barbecue recipes. Smothered in sauce, this pork gets rave reviews from everyone who tastes it.Debbie Kokes, Tabor, South Dakota
144 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 gallon ketchup
- 4 cups sugar
- 2-2/3 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 to 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Cook over
- medium-high heat until heated through. Serve over pork. Yield:
- 4-1/2 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 50 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.