In Canfield, Ohio, Gina Slaven serves this mouthwatering main dish with corn bread and green beans. "It can easily be tripled for potlucks." Gina notes. Serve the sweet sauce-covered sausage over hot cooked rice if time allows, or cut it into bite-size pieces for an appealing appetizer.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the
- remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened,
- stirring occasionally. If desired, serve over rice. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 529 calories, 34 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 2,052 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.