Barbecue Green Bean Bake
This recipe was given to me at a Bible study picnic by a dear lady who loved to make up her own recipes. I’ve shared it with many friends, including missionaries who have taken it to other countries!
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute
- onion in drippings until tender. Add the ketchup, brown sugar and
- Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Place green beans in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; top with onion
- mixture and bacon. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or
- until beans are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 257 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 729 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.