Barbecue Chicken Burritos
“We always have the ingredients for these on hand,” says Amy Dando of Endicott, New York. “My husband came up with this recipe, and it turned out to be a hit!”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups julienned green peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Lime wedges, sour cream, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, green peppers and onion in 2
- tablespoons oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken
- juices run clear. Stir in barbecue sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle cheese down the center of each tortilla; top with chicken
- mixture. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- In a large skillet, brown burritos in remaining oil on all sides over
- medium heat. Serve with lime wedges, sour cream, lettuce and
- tomatoes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.