Barbecue Beef Brisket
This is such a simple dish, but oh boy is it delicious. The meat comes out moist and tender and tastes great with mashed potatoes.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- 1 cup KC Masterpiece®
KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce is great with all types of meat and in favorite sides like beans, casseroles and more.
See More Recipes >
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cut brisket in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the
- barbecue sauce, onion, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, salt and
- pepper; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until
- meat is tender.
- Remove beef and keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a large
- saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until
- smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice meat across the grain; serve
- with gravy. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 5 ounces cooked beef with 1/2 cup gravy equals 486 calories, 29 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 933 mg sodium,