Dessert lovers of every kind will find this sweet treat very "apeeling"! It's an impressive ending to everyday meals.
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 medium firm bananas, halved lengthwise and cut into thirds
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- Ice cream
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon,
- nutmeg and cloves. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in
- cream. Add bananas and extract. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield:
- 3-4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 589 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.