Banana Toffee Cream
I spotted this recipe in a magazine about 40 years ago. Its tasty ingredients and ease of preparation appealed to me. I recall when my preschool daughter and I were planning her upcoming birthday party, I asked her what kind of cake she wanted. She replied, "I don't want a cake...I want that 'brickle stuff'."
-Betty Ferguson, Edmonton, Alberta
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
- In a bowl, combine the cream, toffee bits and banana. Spoon into
- parfait glasses or dishes. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 588 calories, 42 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 363 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.