Banana Sundae Sauce
Try this luscious banana-based topping at your next ice-cream social. I guarantee you'll be asked to bring it again. Luckily, it's quick and easy to make and versatile, too. It's the perfect finish to cake and frozen yogurt.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sliced firm bananas (about 2 large)
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the confectioners'
- sugar, water and lemon juice until smooth. Cook over medium-low heat
- for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir
- in vanilla and cinnamon. Fold in bananas. Serve warm over ice cream.
- Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 224 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.