Banana Split Shortcake
Two delicious desserts combine to create an out-of-this-world treat. Christine Gillentine of Tulsa, Oklahoma serves her banana split on a layer of tender pound cake. Yum!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 slices pound cake (1/2 inch thick) or 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Place cake slices on two dessert plates. Top each with banana and ice
- cream. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 468 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 162 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.