- 10 red candied cherries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat
- in the egg, banana, sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour,
- baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, walnuts and dried cherries.
- Place dough in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a 3/4-in.
- hole in one corner of bag. Pipe 2-in. strips about 2-in. apart onto
- greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the
- confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired
- consistency. Pipe three mounds over each cookie.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine butter and chocolate. Cook
- and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in
- the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve a
- drizzling consistency. Drizzle over tops; sprinkle with candied
- cherries and walnuts. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 126 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.