Banana Split Bread
Good old banana bread is delightfully dressed up in this version, studded with chocolate chips and pecans. I served yummy slices at the holiday brunch I plan annually for my relatives.
-Shelly Rynearson, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg. In a small bowl, combine bananas and milk. Combine the
- flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture
- alternately with banana mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 251 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium,