Banana Rice Pudding
THIS is an old recipe my mother used. With seven children in the house, she made larger quantities, but I adjusted the ingredients to be just right for the two of us.
Its "snowy" look makes this a perfect dessert for the winter months.
-Ruth Ann Stelfox, Raymond, Alberta
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 large firm banana, sliced
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a bowl, combine rice and sugar. Cool completely. Fold in whipped
- cream and banana. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Spoon into
- serving dishes; garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 431 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 17 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.