Banana Pudding Parfaits
With fresh bananas, vanilla wafers and a snappy pudding mix, these creamy after-dinner sweets are shared by Margaret Wagner Allen of Abingdon, Virginia. TIP: You can also substitute your favorite fresh berries or other flavors of sugar-free instant pudding mix.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3-1/3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 32 reduced-fat vanilla wafers
- 3 medium ripe bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 2 minutes. Whisk in sour cream and vanilla. Fold in
- three-fourths of the whipped topping.
- Set aside eight vanilla wafers. Place one wafer into each of eight
- parfait glasses; top with a third of the banana slices and pudding
- mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with reserved vanilla
- wafers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 231 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.