“My family loves dessert and fruit, but we’re trying to make healthier food choices. This refreshing, five-ingredient summer treat is always a hit.” —Myra Hughes, Donaldson, Arkansas
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into an 8-in. square
- dish. Cover and freeze for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until almost firm.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Beat for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and
- creamy. Return mixture to dish; freeze until firm. Remove from the
- freezer 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 79 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.