Banana Oat Pancakes
"I concocted these fluffy pancakes using a muffin recipe," relates Janie Obermier of St. Joseph, Missouri. "We love them topped with strawberry jam for breakfast, supper or even just snacking. They're delicious drizzled with maple syrup, too."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and
- cinnamon. Combine the egg, milk, banana and oil; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when
- bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve
- with syrup. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 2 pancakes equals 267 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.