Banana Nut Muffins
A scattering of chopped walnuts adds crunch to these moist, taste-tempting muffins from Neva Starnes of Summerville, Georgia.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, banana and
- vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and
- cinnamon; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill
- two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or
- until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before
- removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Nutrition Facts: 1 muffin equals 278 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium,