Banana-Nut Corn Bread
A boxed corn bread mix gets a tasty treatment from Janice France of Depauw, Indiana when dressed up with bananas and chopped walnuts. The moist golden loaves are a great addition to a brunch buffet or bake sale.
32 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients just until blended. Spoon
- into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 65 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.