- stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes. Press plastic wrap onto the surface of pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours.
- Stir in the cream, bananas and vanilla. Fill cylinder of ice cream
- freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's
- directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
- Allow ice cream to ripen in the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, sugar and salt to a
- boil. Add flour all at once and stir until smooth ball forms. Remove
- from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, two at a time,
- beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is
- smooth and shiny.
- Drop by 2 rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and
- set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- To serve, spoon banana ice cream into cream puffs; replace tops.
- Drizzle with hot fudge topping and sprinkle with nuts. Yield: About
- 2 dozen puffs and 3 quarts ice cream.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 379 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 188 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.