Banana Fudge Cake
You'll love the banana flavor throughout this moist, fudgy cake and fluffy frosting from Jan Gregory of Bethel, Ohio. "This recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law. It's a favorite at family gatherings," Jan reports.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 5-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, prepare cake mix according to package directions,
- omitting 1/4 cup of the water. Beat on low speed until moistened.
- Add banana; beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool completely.
- In a large saucepan, add butter and water. Cook over medium heat
- until butter is melted; stir until combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 4 cups confectioners' sugar and cocoa. Add
- the butter mixture, banana and vanilla; beat until smooth. Add
- enough remaining sugar until frosting reaches desired spreading
- consistency. Frost the cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.