Banana Crunch Bars
"The distinctive taste of banana tops these easy-to-make no-bake cereal bars," relates Ruth Anderson of Clarion, Iowa.
54 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 5 cups Banana Nut Crunch cereal
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir
- in peanut butter. Add cereal; stir to coat.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. In a microwave-safe bowl,
- melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread over bars. Cool
- before cutting. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 127 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.