Banana Cream Pie
Made from our farm-fresh dairy products, this pie was a sensational creamy treat anytime that Mom served it. Her recipe is a real treasure, and I've never found one that tastes better!
-Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 3 medium firm bananas
- Whipped cream and additional sliced bananas
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour and salt; stir in milk and mix
- well. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture is thickened and
- bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount into egg yolks; return all to saucepan. Bring to
- a gentle boil. Cook for and stir 2 minutes; remove from the heat.
- Add butter and vanilla; cool slightly.
- Slice the bananas into pastry shell; pour filling over top. Cool on
- wire rack for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Before serving,
- garnish with whipped cream and bananas. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 338 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium,