- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-8 minutes or until thickened,
- stirring every 2 minutes. Stir a small amount of hot liquid into egg
- yolks. Gradually return to the bowl, stirring constantly. Cook 30-60
- seconds longer or until bubbly, stirring every 15 seconds. Stir in
- the butter, vanilla and salt until butter is melted. Cool for 20
- minutes, stirring several times.
- Arrange bananas in crust. Top with filling. Cover and chill 8 hours
- or overnight. Top with whipped topping and additional bananas if
- desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 308 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.