Banana Cream Pie
This classic pie never fails to impress. With only six ingredients, it’s simple to put together, too!—Nancy Eggleston, Prudenville, Michigan
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 3 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, sour cream and pudding mix until
- smooth. Place a third of the banana slices into pastry shell. Top
- with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers.
- Arrange the remaining bananas on top; cover with whipped topping.
- Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 360 calories, 18 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.