- form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on
- high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Slice
- banana into the crust; pour filling over top. Spread meringue evenly
- over hot filling, sealing edges to crust.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 336 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.