Banana Chip Muffins
Joanne Shields' moist muffins showcase bananas and mini chocolate chips. "After the original recipe flopped, I experimented with different ingredients and measurements until I came up with this winning combination," explains the Olds, Alberta cook.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat egg, oil and sugar until smooth. Stir in
- bananas. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and
- salt; stir into the banana mixture just until moistened. Stir in
- chocolate chips.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for
- 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 275 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.