When our daughter, Robbyn, married Ronald Slavin, two boot-shaped cakes flanked their traditional cake. Ronald requested that one be his favorite banana.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana pudding mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons banana extract
- Frosting of your choice
- In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, water, oil, eggs
- and extract. Beat on low speed for 1 minute or until moistened; beat
- on medium for 4 minutes.
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease and flour
- paper. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack
- to cool completely. Frost. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Editor's Note: Banana extract is available at cake decorating and candy supply stores.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 208 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.