- each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. Combine flour, baking
- powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately
- with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Fold in 3/4 cup
- Transfer to two greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans. Bake
- 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out
- clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to
- cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until
- smooth. Add cocoa; mix until blended. Add confectioners' sugar and
- vanilla; beat until creamy.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread top with 1 cup
- frosting. Top with remaining cake. Spread top and sides with 2 cups
- frosting. Press pistachios into sides of cake if desired.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a large pastry or plastic bag;
- insert #127 petal pastry tip. Fill the bag with remaining frosting.
- Pipe concentric circles of frosting over top of cake. Refrigerate
- for at least 1 hour or until frosting is set. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 606 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.