Banana Breakfast Smoothies
In a hurry? Enjoy a fast and nutritious breakfast drink with this recipe from Stacy Myers of Bristol, Tennessee. “I like pairing it with a muffin or a piece of toast in the morning,“ suggests Stacy.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 small ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground nutmeg
- Place the first six ingredients in a blender; cover and process for
- 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; sprinkle
- with nutmeg. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 221 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.