This recipe, given to me years ago by a good friend, is a favorite with my family when we go camping. It's quick, fun to make and scrumptious! —Brenda Loveless, Garland, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium unpeeled ripe bananas
- 4 teaspoons miniature chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons miniature marshmallows
- Cut banana peel lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. at
- both ends. Open peel wider to form a pocket. Fill each with 1
- teaspoon chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon marshmallows. Crimp and
- shape four pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square) around
- bananas, forming boats.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until
- marshmallows melt and are golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 banana boat equals 136 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.