A tasty marinade makes this sirloin so tender. Created by our Test Kitchen, you’ll love its simple preparation and scrumptious Swiss-cheese topping.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 ounces reduced-fat Swiss cheese, cut into thin strips
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar and steak sauce; set aside. Rub
- steak with pepper. Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 7 minutes.
- Turn; spoon half of the steak sauce mixture over steak. Broil 5-7
- minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Remove steak to a cutting board; cut across the grain into 1/4-in.
- slices. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet; drizzle with juices from
- cutting board and remaining steak sauce mixture. Top with cheese.
- Broil for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 ounces cooked beef with 1/2 ounce of cheese equals 188 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.