- liquid is reduced by half. Discard thyme and rosemary; set glaze
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in barley. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until barley is tender.
- Meanwhile, drain vegetables and discard marinade. Place vegetables in
- a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-12
- minutes or until tender, stirring frequently and brushing
- occasionally with glaze.
- Remove barley from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a
- large serving bowl. Add vegetables and basil; toss to coat. Serve
- warm with a slotted spoon. Yield: 9 servings.
Editor's Note: If you do not have a grill wok or basket, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 145 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.