Balsamic Chicken Salad
“This is an easy, elegant and tasty alternative to TV dinners,” Rebecca Lindamood shares from Le Roy, New York. “My husband fell in love with this main course the first time I served it and regularly requests that I make it again.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), cut into 3-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer
- pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan.
- In the same skillet, bring vinegar to a boil. Add the chicken,
- tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper and remaining oil; cook and stir until
- heated through. Divide salad greens among six plates; top with
- chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 226 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.