- Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in broth,
- vinegar and herbs. Return roast to pan; bring to a boil. Cover and
- bake 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef and vegetables; keep warm. Discard herbs from cooking
- liquid; skim fat. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until
- smooth; stir into cooking liquid. Bring to a boil, stirring
- constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with
- pot roast and vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.