Balsamic Asiago Salad
You can toss this tasty Balsamic Asiago Salad together in 10 minutes flat. Simply drizzle bottled dressing over the colorful blend of greens, tomato and peppers, add a quick sprinkle of garlic-seasoned cheese…and serve.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 plum tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella and Asiago cheese with roasted garlic
- In a small serving bowl, combine the salad greens, tomato and yellow
- pepper. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Sprinkle with
- cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat vinaigrette) equals 72 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.