We live very close to Lake Erie, which is nicknamed the "Walleye Capital of the World". I'm always looking for new recipes for this fish...I came up with this one on my own.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup V8 juice
- 1 pound walleye fillets
- In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are crisp-tender,
- stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Place fish in a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Pour vegetable mixture over the fish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving(prepared with reduced-sodium V8) equals 137 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon