Baked Vidalia Onion
Served alongside a variety of fish and meat, this tender onion is a nice change of pace. Folks find it a fun and flavorful side dish.Norma Durham, Rogersville, Tennessee
1 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 medium Vidalia or sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Pepper to taste
- Garlic salt to taste, optional
- Quarter onion halfway through and open slightly. Place on an 18-in. x
- 12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Place butter in center of onion;
- sprinkle with seasonings. Fold foil to seal tightly. Bake at
- 350° for 60-70 minutes or until onion is tender. Open foil
- carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with margarine and without salt and garlic salt) equals 1-1/2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat; also, 116 calories, 93 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 10 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 8 gm fat.