Baked String Beans
Frozen string beans from our garden (or the grocery store) taste great in this side dish. Bouillon, garlic salt and crisp bacon give them a nice fresh flavor.Shirley Leister, West Chester, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 2 Wright® Brand Bacon strips
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pinch pepper
- Place beans in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; set aside. Cook
- bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon. Crumble and set
- aside. Stir in 1 tablespoon of drippings into beans. Dissolve
- bouillon in water; add garlic salt and pepper. Pour over beans.
- Cover and bake 350° for 1 hour. Top with bacon. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 66 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.