Baked Seafood Avocados
"Everyone who tastes this wonderful luncheon dish is surprised that the avocados are baked," notes Marian Platt of Sequim, Washington.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (4 ounces) medium shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 4 large ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crushed potato chips, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery, onions, salt if
- desired and pepper. Add crab and shrimp; mix well. Peel avocados if
- desired. Sprinkle avocados with lemon juice; fill with seafood
- mixture. Sprinkle with potato chips if desired.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise and without salt and potato chips) equals 269 calories, 22 g fat (0 saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 meat, 1 fruit.