Baked Rigatoni & Sausage
To serve a dozen people without any extra effort, simply double this recipe and prepare two of these hearty pasta bakes. —Elaine Neukirch, Genoa, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3-3/4 cups uncooked rigatoni
- 5 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage links (4 ounces each), sliced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch
- oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add
- spaghetti sauce and wine.
- Drain rigatoni; add to sausage mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to
- a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 544 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,341 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.