Baked Rice Pilaf
I'm always in search of inexpensive yet delicious like this one to serve at potlucks. This fluffy rice dish tastes as good as it looks.Sheree Feero, Golden, Colorado
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- In an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish, combine all the
- ingredients. Cover and bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until
- rice is tender, stirring after 25 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with margarine and reduced-sodium bouillon) equals 212 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.