- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cumin, paprika and salt;
- rub over ribs. Transfer to a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 1-3/4 hours. Drain fat from ribs.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until
- tender. Add the ginger, cloves, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until berries have popped,
- stirring occasionally. Transfer to a blender; cover and process
- until blended.
- Brush 1/2 cup sauce over ribs; bake 25-35 minutes longer or until
- tender. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 730 calories, 51 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 184 mg cholesterol, 852 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.