Baked Potatoes with Topping
In Defuniak Springs, Florida, Alice DePauw jazzes up baked potatoes with this rich topping. “It’s easy, fast and everyone really enjoys it,” she notes. “It makes potatoes a little more special. For added zip, I use Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20-23 minutes or until tender,
- turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the butter, onions, mayonnaise
- and bacon; set aside. Cut an X in the top of each potato; fluff pulp
- with a fork. Top each with 3 tablespoons of butter mixture. Sprinkle
- with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 560 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 422 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 15 g protein.