Baked Potato Strips
"These tender potatoes are excellent with everything from beef tenderloin to hot dogs," remarks Mae Dean Williams of Charlotte, North Carolina. "They're delicately seasoned."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into thin 1/4-in. strips. Pat dry with paper
- towels. In a bowl, combine the egg whites, Parmesan cheese and
- garlic powder. Add the potatoes; toss to coat.
- Place in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan
- coated with cooking spray. bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40
- minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and tender, turning
- several times. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 190 calories, 98 mg sodium, 2 mg cholesterol, 39 gm carbohydrate, 7 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch.