- In the drippings, saute onion until tender. Stir in flour; cook and
- stir for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Gradually stir in broth.
- Add the parsley, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Peel and cube potatoes; add to soup. Add bacon. Stir in cream; heat
- through (do not boil). Add cheese and green onions; stir just until
- cheese is melted. Garnish with additional parsley, cheese, onions
- and bacon if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (calculated without optional toppings) equals 369 calories, 32 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 1,136 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.