Baked Potato Casserole
Baked Potato Casserole was created by Karen Berlekamp of Maineville, Ohio, with input from friends and neighbors. "I wanter a great all-around side dish for special meals," Karen notes.
20-24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 5 pounds red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, cubed
- 4 cups 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a very large bowl, combine potatoes and bacon. In another large
- bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to potato mixture and
- gently toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 4-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
- Yield: 20-24 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 347 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 508 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.